JMC Building Inspection Services will provide a careful and thorough inspection from a team of dedicated, experienced professionals.
- Home Inspections: Detailed inspections for buyers, sellers, and owners with a written report meeting the ASHI standards of practice.
- Commercial Inspections: Detailed inspections for buyers, sellers, and owners based upon a detailed quote – which we will provide – that will outline the scope of the inspection. Common building types include: office, retail, industrial, warehouse, multi-family, and many more.
- Home Energy Score (BESO) Assessments: Berkeley BESO (Building Emissions Saving Ordinance) requires a Home Energy Score (HES) Assessment at time of sale. This energy assessment will give your home a score on a 1 to 10 scale, and provide a list of recommended improvements.
Assessments & Consulting:
- 4-Point Insurance Evaluations: Insurance companies are now requiring 4-Point “inspections” that cover the roofing, plumbing, electrical, & HVAC systems. Our inspectors review the building and provide a summary document that can be submitted to insurance underwriters and brokers.
- Electrifications Assessments: Our inspectors will review the electrical system and the gas appliances, to create a document that will provide a customized roadmap with recommendations for converting the building’s gas appliances to electric. Our inspectors will also provide contractor recommendations and guidance to the clients for their electrification journey.
- Home Hardening Assessments: Our inspectors will review the roof and exterior of the building to create a document with recommendations for upgrades to make the building more resistant to wildfire.
- Pre-Offer Walkthroughs: Verbal consultations to help buyers learn about a property, review available documentation, and put the important findings into context. A written report or summary is not provided. We require permission from the listing agent for such inspections.
- Report Walkthroughs: Verbal consultations for buyers, based upon one of our own listing reports, to learn about a property, review available documentation, and put the important findings into context. A written summary is not provided (as the listing report has already been disclosed). We require permission from the listing agent for such inspections.
- Hourly Consultations: Consultations for buyers, sellers, and owners; typically for those who want a specific system or area of their property reviewed by an independent third party inspector. A written summary of our review is available for an additional fee.
We Provide What You Need:
- Accuracy: Reports that accurately describe property conditions. We don’t dramatize or minimize our findings.
- Service: We will arrange for an inspector to meet you at the property, generally within a few days of contacting us. As a part of the inspection, we are happy to address any concerns or questions you may have during the inspection.
- Clarity: Our reports are easy to read and easy to understand. They provide valuable information, useful to both buyers and sellers.
- Professionalism: Our 30 to 40-page narrative reports are delivered to you via email within two working days.
Not sure how we can help you?
Please call us at (510) 525-7173 or e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org